Thursday, May 20, 2010

Unconditional

As I contemplate on this word "unconditional", I remembered how the Lord saved me years ago.
Truly His LOVE was unconditional.
Born into a family that had no history of believers, I first came into contact with the Living Christ when I was 13. Why me and not my other siblings? Why me and not my cousins?
The joy of knowing He died for me to save me was immensely liberating. But fellowship with other believers was short-lived as my parents were against it.
Without fellowship, my faith grew cold and for a while I drifted and slid back into my old ways. The world's temptation loomed larger and more attractive each day. I was sucked into the lies of the evil one.
But THANKS be to God who broke through 6 years later when I was 19 to reveal how His love and His holiness cannot let me stay the same but can change me from inside out.
All these years since that day have been filled with His guidance and help. Nothing beats walking in fellowship with our Mighty Creator!

No comments: