Tuesday, September 20, 2011

New Birth

The New Birth giving rise to the New Life in Jesus Christ

When we are born in the natural, God has already created within us our sex, our physical attributes, temperament and our personality. We all have a physical body and a soul (our mind, emotions and will). However, we also have a spirit that is created to have a personal relationship with our Creator. But this spirit is NOT alive and is unable to have fellowship with our Holy God because of our sin nature (which is inherited from the first man, Adam who disobeyed God and sinned).

Since our spirit is dead, we need to be born again so that our spirit may come alive and able to have fellowship with God. No matter how many good works and religious acts we do, we cannot make our spirit come alive and be accepted by God.
Only God can create this New Birth through our confession with our mouth and believe in our heart that Jesus Christ died for our sin and rose again to give us eternal life.

God so loved us that He sent Jesus His Son to come to earth to pay the penalty of sin by dying on the Cross. This is the righteous requirement of God for sin as the wages of sin is death – eternal separation from God.

But Jesus did not remain dead but rose again so that we can have new and eternal life when we surrender our lives to Him and trust Him completely.

When we receive by simple faith, Jesus as our Saviour and Lord, He forgives all our sins and makes our spirit alive so that we can have eternal fellowship with God.

Conclusion
  1. No matter what his current moral state is, every person needs a new birth. We cannot change ourselves.
  2. Only through the new birth can a person’s spirit come alive and able to fellowship with God, moving from darkness into light and from sin to holiness.
  3. The new birth comes through faith by confessing and believing that Jesus Christ is your Saviour and Lord.

Consider whether you have experienced the new birth. If not, use the prayer below to help you be born again into this new life.


Pray this prayer out loud so that you can hear it and mean it in your heart:

“Heavenly Father God, I come to You admitting that I am a sinner. Right now, I choose to turn away from sin and I ask You to forgive me and cleanse me of all unrighteousness. I believe that Your Son, Jesus, died on the Cross to take away my sins. I also believe that He rose again from the dead so that I can have eternal life and fellowship with You. In the Name of Jesus Christ, I confess and believe Him to be the Saviour and Lord of my life from this day forth. I choose to follow Him and I ask You to fill me with the Holy Spirit so that I can live this new life. I declare that right now I am a child of God. I am free from sin and full of the righteousness of God. I am saved in Jesus’ Name. Amen”

No comments: